2023 FIRST SUNDAY ARTS FESTIVALS Annapolis, Maryland
ARTIST AND ARTISAN
The application process is now closed, if you would like to be placed on the waitlist please complete the application to be considered.
The 2023 First Sunday Arts Festivals continue to be operated by the Inner West Street Association (IWSA). Our festivals and events span the entire first block of historic West Street and beyond, and each event welcomes thousands of visitors. Each First Sunday Arts Festival features over 100 artists and artisans, alongside live music, food vendors, sponsors, and community groups. The festival exhibits a range of high-quality, multi-dimensional, visual works from across our region. Acceptance to the festival will be based on the selection committee’s assessment of the quality of work, appropriateness for the audience, and variety of media.
There are various ways to participate. This form is for exhibitors only. Only original artwork, photography, handmade jewelry, handmade crafts, creative literary arts, antiques, and vintage items are allowed. No commercial/corporate merchandise will be considered. If you are interested in participating but don’t fit these criteria, please contact us to discuss sponsorship opportunities Audrey@innerweststreetassociation.com
I would like to participate in just these festivals
Check appropriate boxes
If you are selected for participation, you will be invoiced for the entire festival dates chosen. Do NOT send payment until you receive notification that you have been selected. Notifications will be sent on Wednesday, March 15, 2023 or soon thereafter.
Important Application Dates
Online applications should be sent in by 6pm on Friday, February 24, 2023
Submit Vendor Participation Fee with required documents by 6pm on Friday, March 31, 2023
Fill out this VENDOR FORM and SUBMIT ONLINE
First Sunday Arts Festival • Inner West Street Association
Exhibitor / Vendor 2023 Application – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By signing this application, you agree to the following:
2023 Exhibitor Fees
These are the locations available for 2023.
West Street at $160 per 10x10 space (Truist Bank Lot will be part of West St)
Calvert Street in People's Park or Arundel Center Mural Lot at $130 per 10x10 space
Calvert Street Food Truck $110
SELECT THE MONTH(S) AND LOCATION
1. The event does not provide space for political groups. IWSA maintains the exclusive right to refuse vendors who, at IWSA’s sole discretion, do not meet event standards or add to an over-represented product category. First-time vendors need to submit photos with their applications to FirstSundayArts@yahoo.com
2. The selling or promoting of tobacco, firearms, or illegal products is prohibited.
3. Set-up time is 8:30am. Vendors must unload, then remove their vehicles from West and Calvert Streets before setting up their booths. All vehicles must be off the street by 10:20am.
4. Equipment (tents, weights, tables, chairs, etc.) must be supplied by the vendor.
5. Vendors must secure their tents and/or umbrellas with suitable weights of a minimum of 40 lbs per leg. Vendors failing to use weights on all tent and umbrella legs will be rejected from the event without recourse.
6. Vendor agrees to assume full liability for all injuries/claims resulting from its equipment and for improperly securing tents, umbrellas and displays from wind and weather hazards.
7. Due to live performances, IWSA prohibits vendor audio devices.
8. The Vendor is responsible for the complete removal and disposal of all their material and trash from the event area. Vendors must bring their own trash bags and may not dispose their trash in the city trash cans. Food Vendors selling for onsite consumption or sampling must provide a trash receptacle for public use.
9. Parking garages are available next to the event at the vendor’s expense. The state parking garage at 19 St.John’s Street offers free parking. Trailers are strongly discouraged because they do not fit in the parking garages. For info: www.annapolisparking.com
10. This is a rain/shine event. If the event is cancelled due to severe weather, an email will be sent by 8:00am the day of the event and posted on www.FirstSundayArts.com. If an event is cancelled, vendors can reschedule on a space-available basis within a year. Reschedules are not guaranteed. No refunds.
11. Vendors that need to cancel must email notification to FirstSundayArts@yahoo.com. No refunds.
12. Vendors that do not show and give no notice, or leave early, may be banned from all future events. No refunds.
13. Vendor breakdown starts at 5:00pm. All Vendor spaces must be emptied by 6:15pm. Vendor vehicle may re-enter the street after their space is packed and ready to be loaded, or after 5:30pm. Failure to vacate spaces by 6:15 may cause vendor to be banned from all future events, with no refund given.
14. Proof of Liability Insurance must be submitted with application listing Inner West Street Association P.O. BOX 906, Annapolis, MD 21404 as additional insured. If vendor has an employee(s) at the event, proof of Workman’s Compensation Insurance is also required when applying.
15. By participating in the First Sunday Arts Festival you are agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless First Sunday Arts Staff, First Sunday Arts Vendors, First Sunday Arts Volunteers, Inner West Street Association, the Inner West Street Association’s Board of Directors, officers, staff and contractors, First Sunday Arts Sponsors, the City of Annapolis, Anne Arundel County Government, BBT Bank and 35 West LLC from any damages, lawsuits or claims arising out of injuries or accidents occasioned by your activities.
16. All Vendors are required to collect Maryland sales tax and have a Maryland State sales tax ID number. All vendors selling products must post their sales tax number at the event. Visit www.marylandtaxes.com.
17. Food Vendors must submit a copy of their Anne Arundel County Health Permit when applying. Food vendors that require a Health Department permit must also post the permit at the event. Visit www.aahealth.org.
18. All participants in the First Sunday Arts Festival agree to allow images and audio of their booth, artwork and persons to be used by IWSA for promotional purposes.
Your application has been submitted. You will hear back from us within 10 business days.
An error occurred. Please try again.
If you are unable to fill out the vendor application online, please download, complete and submit it via the email below.
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org